Friday, April 25, 2014

Finishing... a difficult thing.

Making and finishing are two completely different things.  I think piling is also a form of making, and I have been piling for a while and now it is time to mine the piles and really put the finishing touches on items.  And what better reason to be encouraged to finish than a deadline?  I have just that... a show in St. Louis at Craft Alliance is looming in the near future and so I mine and refine!

Front of Root Collar
Detail of embroidery and sequins on Root Collar
Back of Root Collar
Rings and Rows Determine Age




            Rings and Rows Determine Age
                Growth of Cells
                Keep the Time
                As Fingers Tapping
                Wood Beat, Heart Strength














And of course now that these pieces are "hang-able" I need a bit of time to digest where all this making is heading.  They are all explorations of the material and the concept of wearable, but outside of that... I have some work to do on the artist statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment