Friday, June 27, 2014

Fashion Friday: Nailing it (in the parlance of our times)

I was recently offered a free sample of Jamberry nail decals.  I decided to demo that against my typical routine as the packaging suggested a 7 day challenge.

You can see the Jamberry website for examples of what they offer.  You can also watch a video on how to apply and remove the decals, which is how I started.  Then I gathered my materials.
 I started by really cleaning my nails, including buffing down the ridges, which is rare.  So perhaps I didn't do my usual routine- I really pushed myself to start with a nice canvas.
 I happened to have a close match of color so as to have some design sensibility with my one trial of the decal.  My understanding is that one pack comes with enough to be able to do your hands about 3 times.  This one trial, I was able to get onto three nails- but then I have small fingers...
 I decided which nail I was going to go for based on how the width of the decal measured to my nail bed.
 The video instructions instruct to use a mini heater- I used a blowdryer in order to warm up the decal. I also didn't have the fancy stick they had, so I used a wood skewer.  (I like to improvise.)
 After applying all of the decal (I had to use my handy scissors to shape one portion to fit, but I didn't want to waste.) I used my usual trio; a Seche base coat, polish and a Seche top coat.
Terribly I didn't take an after shot- but what I will say is that I put my hands through a major workout for a week.  I knit, I gardened, I embroidered, I hand washed dishes, I painted, I used harsh chemicals, and all sorts of other things.  For the most part (I had one actual nail break and trimmed it down.) they looked the same from day one to day 7.  I was impressed with the Jamberry decals, and even with my polish.

Maybe I should buff more regularly... Happy Friday and see you at Summerfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment