Sunday, October 16, 2011

A first sock


About 9 years ago when I first learned to knit, after completing what was a sort of awkward washcloth, I decided on a first project. I journeyed with the two women who taught me to knit to a very nice yarn store and purchased 4 skeins, two in navy and two in fushia. I believed as I carried my new yarn out the door that I was going to make a pair of argyle knee length socks. And so, after a fairly miserable attempt at that, the yarn was turned into a gnome hat and some other wonderful object. Today I can report that I have completed one sock. Soon I hope to report that I can make a pair that resemble each other enough to be worn in public. After knitting one, I believe I understand the structure well enough to begin more complicated stitches and perhaps one day color patterning.

No comments:

Post a Comment