Friday, August 1, 2014

Fashion Friday: AUGUST: how is that possible?

August here, today in fact is the first day of August.  I am impressed.  Not sure where the previous few months got off to.  But here we are.  I hopped out into the garden to inspect the curiosities that abound.  
Curiosity number 1: Crazy tomatoes that look a bit like Audrey 1
While I was just lamenting the speedy passage of time, I have to say that I can't wait until this babies are ripe!  They look so weird that they have to taste super duper.

Curiosity number 2: Weed Dating
So I heard about a cool thing that a friend recently did, called weed dating.  A community garden gathers their volunteers for these events and everyone plunks their butts to the ground and starts getting their hands dirty.  You meet people but there are no pretenses and as my friend stated, if you happen to go on a date with one of your digging buggies you don't really feel like you have to dress to the nines. You met with dirt on your hands.  

Curiosity number 3: Cool flying things in the sweet pea!

I enjoy seeing some bumble bees in our sweet pea, but we also had a neato beetle today.  So, now I am torn, I was plotting pulling the sweet pea in order to make more room for strawberries.  I guess they may have to share the space because I don't want to run the bees off.  And I don't necessarily want the bees all over my berries! 

The final curiosities lay ahead! Where will these guys take me?





No comments:

Post a Comment